Saturday, February 14, 2009

A song (x2) for Saturday (Valentine's Day version).

I'm going to do a special double edition of A song for Saturday this week in the spirit of Valentines and because I can't decide between these two songs. I love them both. One is the theme(?) song from Fireproof. It is called Love is not a Fight. I think the lyrics are especially touching on this my first married Valentines. It is a good reminder of what love should (in marriage, and actually in most relationships) look like. 
Love is not a Fight by Warren Barfield.

Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave

Lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in the raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave, may God send His angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for

To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do

Love will come to save us
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing of us
But demand we give our all

I will fight for you
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for


The other is a new personal favorite of Mr. Ruggedly Handsome. I think it is a wonderful reminder to all of us, those in romantic relationships, those who are single, those who are in pain, those who are hopeful. This is what the Lord has for you. This is about His Love for you!

Divine Romance by Phil Wickham

The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love

A deep deep flood, an Ocean flows from You
Of deep deep love, yeah it’s filling up the room
Your innocent blood, has washed my guilty life
In Your presence God I’m completely satisfied

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

I like both, but love the first one. Haven't seen Fireproof yet, the movie store was all out when we went for it. I like your blog!

Kelley said...

ooo i love warren barfield and i loved fireproof! i hope you guys had a good valentine's!