Saturday, February 28, 2009

A song for Saturday.

This week's is a new song by Matthew West. He wrote it in response to the K-LOVE Valentine's Day Special Song Contest (I don't know the real name of the contest, but its the one they have been holding the last few years and an artist writes a special song for the winners of the contest, tailored to the love story they submit to the radio station.) 

Anyway, I think this one is very sweet and wanted to share in case you haven't heard it. K-LOVE may still have the winner's story posted on their website. So... without further ado: Matthew West's: When I say I do

There must be a God, I believe its true. 
Cause I can see His love, when I look at you. 
And he must have a plan for this crazy life. 
Becuase He brought you here and placed you by my side.

chorus:
And I have never been so sure of anything before, 
Like I am in this momment here with you 
Now for better or for worse are so much more than only words
And I pray everyday will be the proof 
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do'
Yeah I mean what I Say when I say 'I do'

You see these hands you hold, will always hold you up
When the strength you have just aint strong enough 
And what tomorrow brings, only time will tell
But I will stand by you in sickness and in health 

Cause I have never been so sure of anything before 
Like I am in this momment here with you
And now 'for better or for worse' 
Are so much more than only words
And I pray every day will be the proof 
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do' 
Ya I mean what I say when I say 

Take my hand and take this ring
And know that I will always love you through anything.

And as the years march on like a beating heart
I will live these words 'til death do us part'

Cause I have never been so sure of anything before 
Like I am in this moment here with you
And now for better or for worse 
Are so much more than only words 
And I pray everyday will be the proof 
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do'
Ya I mean what I say when I say 'I do'

No comments: