Saturday, February 21, 2009

A song for Saturday.

Before The Throne by Shane and Shane.

We have sung this song at church before. I didn't realize it was on the latest Shane Barnard and Shane Everett CD, Pages, until I finally wrote it down after church one Sunday so I would remember to look it up. Then as I was searching around I realized it was on Pages, and that I had downloaded Handsome's copy of Pages to iTunes so I already had it! Other artists have done it also, like Sonicflood, but I really like the Shane and Shane

It is beautiful. The lyrics set my mind in the right place for worship and allow my heart to respond appropriately. 



Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea:
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on his hands,
My name is written on his heart;
I know that while in heaven he stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Praise the One,
Risen Son of God! 

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God
With Christ, my Savior and my God

 

1 comment:

Kebi Cedawna said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog.
About your comment, no it's not too late, you can still send your own letter. I've got several extra envelopes if you'd like for me to send one in your name, just email me your info.
It's so great to hear from someone who is willing to speak out, thank you!