I have spent the first two weeks of the new year brainstorming ideas that I could work on or change. Some people declared theirs "resolutions" and began at the beginning of the year. After being inundated with reports about how unlikely we are to actually effect long-term change if we start on January 1, I was tempted to wait or not announce anything. However, I gave it some serious thought and came up with a few things I have been thinking about or already working on, and created a list of what I'd like to do or accomplish in the next fifty weeks. Here is my list:
1. Finish 12 books. I say finish because I have a few books sitting on my nightstand that I really should get through before I purchase or begin any new ones.
2. Make curtains for two bedrooms and our living room.
3. Train for and consider running 13.1 miles in June in a race.
4. Continue to cook regularly and maybe add in a few more recipes so that Handsome doesn't get bored.
5. Post pictures of wreaths I have made recently to the blog!
6. Order our wedding album before our anniversary in August and order prints... Embarrassing I know.
7. Work on more scripture memory verses and get at least a little plugged in at a church in our new town.
8. Blog more. Even if it means I just get one post posted a month.
So, that is all I have. Some of these things have been troubling me for a great deal of time, so 2012 would be a great time to take care of them. I have other thoughts and ideas and little to-dos but I'm thinking big picture here people and I want to set attainable goals that still might do some stretching and make room for growing. I'll try to keep you updated.