Thursday, February 19, 2009

If I ever have a little girl,...


She will have an American Girl doll to play with! Gosh how I love American Girl Dolls. 
When I was a young child, my mom would buy me baby dolls and she would have to give them away or take them back because I wouldn't play with them. At some point I told her I wanted a bald baby and that is when I got Elizabeth. She was my first American girl doll. She looked very much like the baby above (different outfit) and I still have her and think she is a precious memento of my childhood. A sweet reminder of the innocence of youth. And for the time being she will continue to suffice as my baby... until I maybe have a real one, if I ever do. :)

(p.s. Handsome & Mom and Dad, no need to worry. I'm not baby crazy yet. Or I'll keep telling myself that.)

5 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Aww, I too am a fan of American Girl dolls/Bitty Babies. I wished and wished for one, and then I finally got one for my 8th Christmas. She was cherished and over the next couple years I accumulated more 'stuff' for her. Now I have a Hope Chest full of American Girl stuff for my daughter!

Cowgirl in the City said...

Too cute! I was never much of a doll girl when I was little, but I adored reading the American Girl books. And I'm all about having things that suffice for unborn babies! What's the rush?!

Can you tell we haven't started baby making yet?

Cowgirl in the City

Lindsey said...

So cute!! Love American Girl!

La. said...

Ha! Gooner will totally change you!....?

I think people started asking us when we were going to "start a family" at our wedding reception!

Annie Peterson said...

I am totally saving my American Girl Doll for a daughter I may have some day, Lord-willing. :)