Friday, February 27, 2009

Full-Faith Disclosure. Well, Sort-of.

**Note: I posted this and took it down because I felt a little self-conscious about it. I'm posting it again though, because I was encouraged by a good friend that it was okay to post!

I have been avoiding faith-related posts lately, for no reason other than I'm having a difficult time articulating the faith things that are going on in my heart and head. 

Writing about and thinking about faith is much more difficult than I realized before I started doing it for an audience. That is an audience other than the Lord who already knows my thoughts before I have written them.

I don't know if this writers block is because I have applied pressure to myself to try and post about faith, without just letting it come up naturally, or if its because what is going on is too personal, or if its something I don't think anyone else might be interested in, or if its something all-together different than that... 

And I just don't want you to give up on me. I would like to be a place of encouragement for you in your walk with the Lord, and even to myself in mine, by writing about things I'm thinking, etc... So I'm still going to try to do so. Just without the pressure of: Post about faith X# of times per week or per month or per issue; because I feel like forcing it, forcing quantity over quality, just won't do be the best for us. (Not that I'm doubting that the Lord can work with any little thing or any greater thing, but I'm just going to take the pressure off of myself and see what happens. See if maybe I have things I'm more willing and / or able to share.)

So keep reading with me until then because...
I'm here and I'm still writing.
-Katie Beth

2 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Amen! Be open! Those who judge...well, they don't have to come back to visit...

I left you an award over at my blog...

Hollie said...

i'll still be here....reading away....