Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later. (I kept 14 because I doubled the recipe and had way too much cookie crumble left over.)
2. Crush remaining cookies (I started to do this in a ziplock but it wasn't working correctly so I whipped out my handy little food processor and did it that way. This was the part that was most difficult because none of the recipes I read told me whether it would work in a ziplock. Trial and error! :)) Then stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
(It will look smooth after you finish with the food processor. Then you can add in the cream cheese!)
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (You can kind of see in the photo my cookie dough scooper... I used this to get the correct amount and then rounded them in my hands!)
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy! (You can see I topped some with the crumbled cookies, and others I left alone. I think they looked prettier with the topping, but they all taste very good!).
One batch makes about 36 truffles. (I doubled and ate a bit along the way and came up with 70 and had the perfect amount of dipping chocolate.)