Friday, February 20, 2009

Have You Seen The Old Man Today?


Handsome and I went for a walk the other night and we were in a neighborhood not far from our home. An older man, thin, wearing a yellow sweater vest over a button down, chino pants, loafers and glasses, came outside and he waved to us. We returned the wave. Then he said "Have you seen the old man today?" And we looked towards one another and looked back towards him and I said, "Pardon," and he said "Have you seen the mailman today?" And Handsome politely responded, "Well no sir we haven't. He seems to be a little off schedule lately." And the little old man waived his hand, with a slight bit of frustration towards the United States Postal Service but with a bit of "thank you" to us for clearing up the confusion and he returned to his home and we went on our merry way. 

1 comment:

Callie said...

I like this . . . I don't know why but it's very old time home town to me, and it's rather refreshing. *smile*