Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
So we recently welcomed this little guy into our home.
He is a Dyson and though he is heavier than my last Oreck, he is definitely more stylish. (RIP Oreck. Everything around here seems to be getting heavier, and you little eight pound friend, just couldn't keep up with the weight gain. It tis probably a better thing for you and your vacuum-arteries anyhow.)
So that new Dyson is probably the most stylish Vacuum I have ever owned. The design is quite ingenious if I do say so myself. And that puppy eats dirt, dust mites, tissue that accidentally got washed, shredded into a million pieces by the washing machine and shaken off the clothes and onto the ground as the clothes ventured to the dryer, pizza crumbs, and probably just about anything else you could possibly imagine.
Oh I never knew how cool household appliances could be. And what a dang great expenditure(!), seeing as it makes vacuuming and household chores so much more fun. So now Handsome and I have something new to bicker about: who gets to vacuum the floors.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
All At Once-The Fray
WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Intoxicating--Dave Crowder Band
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
God Blessed The Broken Road--Rascal Flats
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Things I'll Never Say--Avril Lavigne
WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
A Mighty Fortress Is Our God--The Hymn sung by a choir
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Obsession--Dave Crowder Band
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Barren Land--Shane & Shane
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Just the Way You Are--Michael Buble
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
(I've Had) The Time of My Life--Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
(O Praise Him) All This For a King--Dave Crowder Band
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
When I Say I Do--Matthew West
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Sweet & Low--Augustana
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Pantala Intro--Dave Matthews Band
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Check Yes or No--George Strait
WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
Goodnight L.A.--Counting Crows
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
What a Wonderful Girl--Louise Armstrong
WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Hale--Deep Blue Something
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
She will have an American Girl doll to play with! Gosh how I love American Girl Dolls. When I was a young child, my mom would buy me baby dolls and she would have to give them away or take them back because I wouldn't play with them. At some point I told her I wanted a bald baby and that is when I got Elizabeth. She was my first American girl doll. She looked very much like the baby above (different outfit) and I still have her and think she is a precious memento of my childhood. A sweet reminder of the innocence of youth. And for the time being she will continue to suffice as my baby... until I maybe have a real one, if I ever do. :)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Arggh. I thought I had gotten past that. And dang it, I thought people would have grown up by now. I thought that by being in graduate school, having a great family, and a wonderful man, I was passed any insecurities and frailties that plagued me in middle school and high school. But today, I felt those buttons get pushed. And I felt them perhaps even more than I ever did in high school. I'm honestly not sure I cared as much then as I did today.
I talked to Handsome afterwards and kept myself from crying, though at moments on the way home from the encounter I had been tempted and had my grandmother not been in the car, I might have cried to my sweet mom. Anyway, Handsome said it doesn't matter now. He reminded me that I'm his #1 and he is mine and THAT is what matters. And he is right. Gosh dang if the Lord didn't spoil me giving me a solid man like him! And for holding me up in my insecurity that follows me some seven years after graduation. So apparently I'm still growing up and becoming comfortable in my own skin. Maybe someday they will too! But if not, I will hopefully be secure enough for it not to bother me.
But at this rate...I'm MOST definitely NOT going to our ten year reunion. :)...It's not like I don't still see the people I care about from high school anyway.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave
Lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees
Love is a shelter in the raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave, may God send His angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for
To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do
Love will come to save us
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing of us
But demand we give our all
I will fight for you
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for
Friday, February 13, 2009
A fellow blogger, Sarah, did this cute survey on her blog, so I decided to as well.
1) Where did you meet? Outside of The Nelsons house.
2) How long till you got married? Oh geez. Like a lifetime. Not really. That was in January or February of 2002. We got married in August of 2008, But we didn't start dating until 2004. Long story we have had and then again, maybe it is just beginning.
3) How long have you been married? Just over six months.
4) Your favorite feature of his? I like his whole face. Is that a feature?
5) Your favorite quality of his? He is still playful, even though he is a responsible adult.
6) Does he have a nickname for you? Hmm. We call each other Honey. Not babe. When he wants to get my goat he calls me Tootse. Grrr.
7) His favorite food? Fish (without sauce). Actually he is a really good eater so there might be other things he likes equally, but I won't bother listing them all. Of his mom's food I think he loves loves loves Tuna Casserole and Thanksgiving Dinner.
8) What is his favorite sport to watch? Sport singular? Can't answer that. He watches all & any sports. (e.g. Jack Russell Racing). He watches USC football, among almost all other teams, Nascar, a little basketball, golf, soccer, tennis, swimming, rugby, pool, hockey... Actually, I haven't seen him watching pool or cheerleading or gymnastics, but we haven't lived together very long either. Give it time. Or maybe he doesn't consider those sports...
9) When was your first kiss? in 2004.
10) Whats your favorite thing to do as a couple? His response would probably be different than mine. I like getting coffee and chatting together, going to church or walking around the mall. I think he likes going for a walk / jog, playing ___ (fill in the blank: golf, racquetball, tossing a football, etc.) But we pretty much both enjoy hanging out with one another.
11) Do you have kids? We do not. We have only been married six months people
12) Does he have a hidden talent? Hidden. He could have. He might have been keeping it hidden from me for all these years.
13) How old is he? 24
14) Who said I love you first? We were just talking about this. He said it first.
15) What do you admire most about him? His never-ending good attitude and abundant wisdom.
16) What is his favorite type of music? That would be Counting Crows. What type that is, I'm not sure. Rock-ish? And he loves Dave Crowder Band & Dave Matthews. He is a little bit with music like he is with sports; enjoys it all.
17) Do you think he will read this? Eventually yes.
18) I tag: Kelley!