Friday, January 30, 2009

Are you kidding me?

I can't believe what I just read accompanying a photo of peanuts: 

Peanuts are offered for sale. The US food plant responsible for a widespread food poisoning outbreak knowingly shipped contaminated peanut butter and had mold growing on its ceilings and walls, US health officials said Wednesday.

 (AFP/File/Saul Loeb)

I had previously heard that the company knew that the products were not safe and continued to ship anyway, but this business about mold growing on the ceilings and the walls... disgusting. The whole situation is quite repulsive really. Guess there are going to have to be some changes made, in that small town in Georgia and with the FDA. 

In other (much more personal) news: yes, I'm awake reading and posting in the middle of the night! Both blogs and news and other things. I didn't not have my presentation at school today, so it should happen on Tuesday. Eeek. No need to worry until then. This just gives me the opportunity to read back through my notes and fill in any possible holes I might think I have and then wait to see how the presentation goes. The professor often adds commentary and takes the load off the student, so I really don't have too much need to worry. And, I successfully finished almost all the reading I had for the day yesterday, which felt like a big accomplishment, so now I will attempt to do the same thing tomorrow. 

And thank you for those of you who posted sweet comments regarding my "Out of Sorts" post! Some mornings are just a little off, the day most definitely got better. 

No comments: