Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone.

I don't get pedicures that often. I'd say I average about four in a given year, so when I get one I usually go with something safe.  Red, pink, coral. You know, the colors that toes should be. The colors that I won't mind three weeks after I've been living with it. The colors that look good if I wear khakis or jeans, white shirts or black shirts, and if my shoes are brown or green. 

I rarely get the "flower" that is offered even though I think its awfully cute. 

So it was much to my own surprise when I gave in to my impulse to try something new.  And when I didn't ask the girl to change it after she started painting. 
 
See Exhibit 1. 
 

Do you see it? My toenails are purple! A shiny, shimmery purple!
 
What's that? You need a closer look? 

See Exhibit 2.
 


Talk about an adventure!  I'm not sure I'll be doing it again, or that I'll leave it on for a month, but I'm finding it kind of fun for a few days!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kelley said...

love it! and your shoes!

Annie said...

pretty, pretty!
i get a pedicure once a year, at the most. one sounds lovely right about now! ;)

Mrs. Lukie said...

Yay for purple! I just did purple the other day, too! (But mine is a little more fuschia-y). Enjoy your super cute toes :)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I think it is a delightful colour! Way to take a leap! I get a pedi, um, only in developing countries which means I've only had like 4 in my lifetime.

Callie said...

What? This is the first time you've had purple toe nails? You haven't LIVED until you've had purple toe nails. Ha, ha, just teasing you, but they look fabulous! I love purple nail polish.