I absolutely love a quiet, peaceful Saturday morning. I like the mornings when I wake up before Handsome and can sit in the quiet of my living room. Today is one of those mornings, but Handsome is not actually here. Though you wouldn't have known it last night, the mornings when he goes golfing early, are just as much (if not more) my favorite because I know the house will be quiet for a good amount of time.
"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait quietly in expectation."
I don't know what it is about human alone-ness in the morning, but I like it. It feels fresh. New. There is room for that "expectation". I feel like the mornings are when I most feel peace in my soul. And some days. I just absolutely need it.
Today, the blinds are cracked and the birds are chirping. We live on a relatively busy side street and while usually cars strive steadily past us, it takes many hours for that to be normal on a Saturday. Only a handful of people leave there house on Saturday mornings and
I'm sitting on my couch, blanket on my lap, computer propped open and I just turned on the Food Network in the background. It is on silent The only thing missing is some coffee with a good dollop of Belgian chocolate creamer.
Cancel that last sentence. I just got the coffee and that just bettered the whole situation.
I don't want this moment to pass.
Today I ought to take advantage of the quiet and get to studying. And I likely will. But I have a lot of other ideas that sound more appealing to me, because we all know the morning only lasts for a while.
2. I am in desperate need of a hair trim as the ends are beading and I have a nasty habit of picking at them all day. I want to call my hairdresser but his was due to become a daddy two weeks ago, so I'm not sure how much he is working or if he would even be able to get me in at such late notice.
3. Take a refreshing glass of iced water and wander Target before the crowds make their way out of the house. We have a few things we need and I don't have time lately during the week.
4. Start and finish up laundry. Because its a nice thing to start and finish on a Saturday.
5. Upload dinner photos and write a post about one of the delicious meals we savored this past week.
6. Exercise. Any form would do.
Maybe I can study for an hour and a half or so and then indulge in my better-sounding plans. Actually, I could probably wash some clothes while I do some of my studying. Sometimes it messes with my concentration, but today I am relaxed and think I might be able to handle it. Then after that maybe I can indulge in some of those other plans.
In another thought, if someone is having a bar b que and invites you and tells your husband that you all don't need to bring anything, do you believe them? Some of Handsome's golfing and soccer buddies (whom I have yet to meet) are having a little bar b que tonight. We are planning to go but I'm just not sure if we should bring something in spite of the mandate not to. What would you do?