Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Katie's Absence.

Hi, this is Katie's mother.

Katie is diligently working on her writing requirement at school. She has sequestered herself at my home, has overtaken the dining room with research, and has been demanding snacks. She always had quite the flair for the dramatic.

I have missed her writing, and I recognize some of you may have also. I explained this to her and she told me I could tell you what was going on. She explained to me how to post, and I'm guest-posting about her absence, in her absence.

The silly child says she has no creative energy left to blog, but will hopefully return soon. Do not lose hope. Today she is editing, and I'm certain she will have more research and writing to do after this edit, but eventually her brain will return to its newly created blogger state and she will be able to write to you, which I am certain she would prefer over this paper she is working on.

Now, I'm off to enjoy my new illustrated copy of The Elements of Style, by Strunk & White. She
picked it up for me at the local bookstore when she went out in search of a new Thesaurus. Oh the joys of writing and words and style have once again filled my home.

Thanks for reading.
-Katie's Mom

No comments: