Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Buddy!


Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Today, you turn 22 and I know you don't read this blog, but the woman who birthed you occasionally does and your birthdays are as much a celebration for you as for her! (I think I scheduled this to post at the same time your were born! but, I could be wrong...Mom?) 

You, younger brother, are one of my favorite people.
You are fun to be around and interesting to talk with. 
You think a lot and you care deeply for people in your life.
You are a good student, in school, but more importantly in life. 
You are a pretty good driver, even though you like to drive fast when I ride with you in the car. 
You don't care about being popular or doing the "in-thing," but you stand by your convictions. 
You have an adventurous spirit, that I do not have, but that I admire in you. 
You are not a hypocrite.
You like me even if I drive you crazy. 
You love our parents. 
You are passionate about the Lord; about learning about Him, growing in relationship with Him, and leading others to find Him and His work in their lives. 
You care about the salvation of your friends, the study-abroad students, and others you haven't even necessarily met. 

You are so special to us. I love you and I'm so proud of you.

-Sister, Ka-Te

And to everyone else:Today is Square Root Day, a rare holiday that occurs when the day and the month are both the square root of the last two digits of the current year. Numerically, March 3, 2009, can be expressed as 3/3/09, or mathematically as 3² = 3 × 3 = 9. 

Happy Square Root Day!!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet of you to do that for your brother :) kinds words said to each other has got to produce some of the best feelings. good for you, katie!!

thanks for the trivia about square root day being today :)