Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Middle of the Early Morning.

It is 4:56 in the morning. I have been awake reading blogs since about 4:36. I was awake for a while before that but I didn't want to get up yet. I imagine I'll go back to sleep here in a little while...but I think I need to be more tired when I go. 

I woke up burning up and sweating... I tried to cool myself down with water, fewer blankets, taking off layers, but I just couldn't find a combination that worked. Possibly because I think I was actually really cold! Or something strange and perhaps, covering my head would have been the solution.  Because right now I have on sweat pants and a sweat shirt with a blanket wrapped around me and I'm still cold! I'm thinking about getting up off the couch to go retrieve the beanie I keep by the bed, but I don't want to disturb my sleeping husband.

I'm glad that I started reading blogs at one point because it gives me something to do in the middle of the night when I am having difficulty sleeping. And I'm encouraged in my faith by the blogs I read. I'm encouraged in my cooking and homemaking too. I'm encouraged in the day-to-day activities of bloggers lives. I'm encouraged in my marriage. And I'm glad to have some sort of creative outlet too. 

Photobucket
P.S. Dinner was alright--I think I will make this again. It was close to fabulous, but I think I used too much lemon juice. I didn't have a fresh lemon, but I have this fabulous lemon juice that Handsome purchased for our Tilapia marinade, so I decided to just guesstimate how much juice would come out of one lemon! And essentially, I think I just used (entirely) tooooooo much. Other than a little bit of unnecessary tang, I think it was a decent meal and would likely be better if I tried it again. Mr. Rh even saved the remainder for lunch today. 

P.P.S. I think it was my first ever attempt at cooking with wine. I was a little nervous (because I rarely even drink wine... so I was thinking I might not like the flavor or that I might do something wrong) but it wasn't nearly the wild adventure I had anticipated and I just might try it again too because I'm not as intimidated now. 

No comments: