Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another. Dinner Post. Chicken Georgia

(Update: 6:46 pm. Dinner is not going to be cooked by me tonight. I've just spent the last hour-ish, crying about my returned draft. Needless to say, Prof didn't like it. Not one bit. It apparently needs a lot of the work. So...prayers for me for the next five weeks would be greatly appreciated. And sorry for being a Debbie Downer. Or Katie Cryer I suppose.) But this recipe still looks pretty fab if you ask me. Or Paula. :)

So I know I have been posting a lot about dinner lately (well, two nights in a row), but I'm just gonna go ahead and do it again. Thats three nights of (actually) cooking at home!

I have had a relaxing morning this morning and I saw Paula Deen make this recipe that looks fabulous: Chicken Georgia. And thought its somewhat similar to what I made Monday night, I think I'm gonna make it later today.

It is so simple and it looks really delicious! recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Ingredients

  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
  • 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons minced shallots
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese 

Directions

Melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side, or until tender. Transfer chicken to platter and sprinkle with grated cheese. Top with mushroom mixture. Cook and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kelley said...

katie cryer....how cute...anytime you want to cry to me...let me know!