So I suppose I could make a lot of lame excuses for myself for the reasons I haven't been blogging...
I haven't been blogging because I broke my foot and haven't been able to reach the computer. Or I haven't been blogging because nothing exciting is going on. Or I haven't been blogging because soooo much exciting has been going on that I haven't had time to sit down long enough to type a post, and man I'm tired when I do sit down because walking around on crutches all day is totally exhausting!
But lying would be so lame right? Because if I really did break my foot then surely I would have a good story to tell and some pictures of the dang cast! So I won't make excuses. And I won't even really apologize... but I will say that I sort of have a lot going on. Not so much that I haven't been able to sit down and write, but the what's that have been going on aren't necessarily things I want to blog about. Or sometimes think about. And therefore, my brain is filled with lots of nothingness about which I could actually write and entertain you. (You = anyone that might still actually read my blog. If I were YOU, I probably would have quit it by now :)! )
So instead of a thought-out creative post, I end up writing an explanation (aka lame excuse), which wasn't my goal at all.
And since I'm already off track I might as well share a little list of some of what is going on or has gone on:
1. Brother moved out of the country.
2. Found out canker sores come from dehydration and stress.
3. My mom came to visit me, we went to a cool spiritual event, and then she left because her dearest friend is in the hospital.
4. I got a new cell phone because the screen started going on on my other one. (I think cell phone companies do this on purpose to mess with people, so that no one can actually keep a cell phone for some absurdly long period of time, like I don't know, two years!)
5. I found out that I might not get a summer break during the first three weeks of August after all. (I'm praying for the Lord to help me and intervene here because I'm feeling desperate for some relaxation, rest, rejuvenation, and mostly a brain break for a little while before the Fall semester rolls around.)
6. Handsome waxed my car. Well, part of it. :)
7. Sonic's free upgrade to a Route 44 drink does not make me happy. I find it wasteful, because there is no way I can drink that large of any variety of a sugary drink. Dr. Pepper, Strawberry Limeade. Iced Tea. I would be lucky to drink 44 oz. of H2O in one day and I actually really like water.
8. I get nervous when I have to do public speaking. I did some today and I have to do some again tomorrow. Seriously. Not a big fan.
9. My paper, you know the one right? It's still lurking. Ha.
10. Handsome's weekly softball game was forfeited this week because of evening VBS. And I was as disappointed as he was because I seriously enjoy going to his games each week.
Yay! I just completed a blog post, even though I didn't think I had it in me to write about much of anything. I can't guarantee I'll be better. Or more interesting, but I'll try.
I'm here. And I'm still writing (even if you doubted it...)