I LOVE summer. So I'm sharing my top 10 summer smells with you!
And I think I'll turn "My Top 10" into a semi-regular series!
10. Warm car smell. You may not agree with me about this one... but I love the way my car smells after it has been baking in the sun for hours and I have either been freezing in an office or am wet and chilly from teaching swimming lessons. I really like the warmth
too, but the smell is fantastical.
9. BBQ-ing in the neighborhood, or at my house!
You already knew this was coming...
8. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse.
My hair is naturally pretty wavy... but I can ha
rdly stand to let it dry naturally in the winter, because I am always cold. However, I am more tempted to wear the curls naturally in the summer, especially if I am washing my hair more frequently because I'm in and out of the pool all the time. To tame the curls, I use this mousse and it leaves my hair smelling fresh all day!
7. The cool freshness of a early evening rain shower.
6. DKNY Be Delicious. (Perfume!)
You see, about the only time I ever wear perfum
e is when I have something festive or fancy to go to. And it seems like I only regularly go to festive and fancy things in the summer, so I associate the two.
5. Chlorine from a pool.
4. Freshly cut grass. Need I say more?
3. Tacos, tacos, tacos.
You know I'm a fan, but even homemade tacos' can't beat the smell of a good little taco hut where the price is just right!
2. Leather from a baseball glove.
Image from Art.com, John Wong "Baseball glove with ball and dirt on it"
I used to play softball and warm summer evenings remind me of that time. The glove instantly takes me back to those times. Currently Mr. RH is playing church league softball so I get to smell his glove semi-frequently (or once weekly).
And my absolute favorite summer smell is
1. Sunscreen. I like the smell because I usually put it on when I'm about to get into the pool. And reading a book on a float in the pool is probably my all-time favorite thing. But it also smells like childhood and I am all about that.
And my favorite Sunscreen, that isn't really sunscreen or sun protection, but it still smells like a dream is Hawaiian Tropic Golden Tanning Lotion!