Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Signs I'm Losing My Mind.

Generally, I think before I act. I think before I speak. I think about what I'm wearing before I leave the house. I think about what needs to be done before I do it. And there are many things I do automatically. But lately. Certain things, even automatic things, seem to evade me.
 
For instance(s):
 
I keep forgetting to put on my seatbelt until I'm already driving.
 
I will make a glass of ice water, leave them, remember I'm thirsty, and make a new glass of ice water.
 
I have tried to put my contacts in after they already are in. 
 
I look for my phone, keys, sunglasses, when they are in my hand.
 
I start emails (and blogposts) and then forget what I was writing about.
 
I buy fruit, put it in the refrigerator, and then not even three days later buy more of the same fruit, because I forget we have some until I get home and open the fruit drawer in the refrigerator. 
 
 I put on shorts in the a.m. that are probably only acceptable for sixteen year olds, Saturdays, or house painting, gather my belongings and head to school. Later realizing that what I am wearing, is probably not acceptable for public wear.
 
and.
 
I lose paperwork that I just wrote on.
 
But even though I'm struggling through these silly life things, I think its okay. Because I think my brain is absorbing the other material that I need to learn for my test. I think about the different problems I might see and the definitions of things I need to learn. I am thinking on topics and strategies continually throughout the day.
 
And in about two weeks, I'll hopefully return to normal functions after having passed my exam.
 
And at that point, it won't matter that I drove to the drug store, walked into the building and realized I probably meant to go to the post office or that I forgot to add soap to a load of laundry. Oops. Shhhh. Don't tell Handsome.
 
I'm here. And I'm still writing,
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Hang in there!! It will be over soon and you will regain your brain :)

Charbelle said...

Oh my word, this is all very normal for someone preparing to take a huge exam!!! You will return to normal function once it's all over!!