1. What is your name and do you have any nicknames? Katie. One of my old roommates called me KT girl. And others call me Katie B. or Katie Beth (but Beth is my name too).
2. What color are your socks right now? I have on two pair (cold feet remember?) Some white tube socks with lime green ankle socks over them. Its quite the statement. As a bonus, the ankle socks hold the tube socks in place.
3. What are you listening to right now? The hum drum of my laptop and occasionally I hear dull speaking from our neighbors next door.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Catfish, sweet potato fries, and some sort of slaw.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, but you probably don't want me to. I haven't ever done it consistently so it takes me a while to acclimate.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Dad.
7. Last place you went on vacation? I don't know what qualifies as a vacation...
8. What hobbies do you have? That would be blogging, and lately cooking / baking (which is good because I love to eat). I also go through running spurts. And I like to sew and paint, though I don't have a good set-up currently for either at the little casa . Oh, and the big one: making my husband laugh.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Do I have to watch sports when I watch tv?
10. What is your favorite drink? Ice Water. Dr. Pepper is a very close second, but I can't drink much of it.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Oh yes! And I even enjoyed it. (And by answering yes, I mean I have paid someone to dye my hair. I don't think the question is very clear because I haven't personally done the dying but I definitely know what foils are for).
12. Favorite food? Depends on the day. Consistently: chocolate.
13. What is the last movie you watched? Pride and Prejudice.
14. Favorite day of the year? This depends on the month. Right now? Valentines. After that maybe May Day. Anytime after August, my birthday.
15. How do you vent anger? Good question. I'm trying to pray about it right now. And I don't mean right now as in this second, I mean lately.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My bitty baby from American Girl. I got her when I was five.
17. What is your favorite season? Usually I say Summer because I like to be warm, but honestly I really like Fall too, especially crisp early fall.
18. Cherries or Blueberries? I'm pretty big on blueberries.
21. What state (or country for our international bloggers) do you live and what State or Country would you like to live some day? Hmmm. Answering could potentially create a problem in my marriage (because I might say somewhere I don't actually want to move and he might use this as leverage someday) so I'm pleading the 5th.
22. Living arrangements? Me and the man in the little casa, as I am lovingly referring to it lately.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Umm hamper (which is supposed to be there) and shoes (primarily of the boot variety. And yes, La, I will write a boot post soon!)
25. What are three of your favorite items at the moment? My glasses. My Ugg Slipper Shoes. Drawstring sweatpants from Victoria's Secret a while ago.
26. What did you do last night? Watched a little television and went to bed. We both had early mornings today.
27. Any news you want to share? No? Unless this question giving me deja vu is news.
28. What do you like on your hamburgers? Let's just go with "the works."
29. Favorite dog breed? Well, I completely adore my parents Jack Russel, but lately I've been eyeing the Scotties and I've had a thing for Great Pyrenees for a while now. And I know one standard poodle that I really enjoy hanging out with.
30. Favorite day of the week? Usually whatever day it is. I like most days.
31. How many states have you lived in? 2.
32. Diamonds or pearls? I'll wear both. Simultaneously.
33. What is your favorite flower? I like Peruvian Lillies, that have pink in them, quite a bit.
34. Favorite meal you have ever had at a restaurant and which restaurant was it? In Hometown, there used to be a small delicious European restaurant. It featured dishes from a variety of countries and my absolute favorite was really a Tour de Europe (like the Tour de Italy many Italian restaurants seems to have). It had pierogis, some sort of Brautwurst, and another item. All three together were absolutely delicious and so many times I desire to have that Tour de Europe again.
If you have never seen a pierogi, you should:
If you have never seen a pierogi, you should:
35. What music are you currently listening to? None. Didn't this survey already ask me what I was listening to at the beginning? Now it is only the drum of the computer because they neighbors probably have gone to bed.
36. What is one fun thing you are looking forward to in the coming year? Seeing what happens next. After the tests and the graduation, and the possibility of graduate school for my other nuclear family member. We, neither one of us knows what we will be doing, and there is some fun in the mystery of that (even though I am resistant to change).