Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Undeserving.

Dear Mr. Rh, 

 I was tired, exhausted actually, and had a challenging time getting myself moving. 

 So I got into the shower a little late. 

I was feeling the stress of the day, before it even started. 

And I let it touch my attitude. 

I had to-do lists running and let defeat push me down. 

By the time I was getting dressed and packing up my bag, I was already feeling discouraged and irritated and late. 

I was not happy with myself.

But someone else was loving me.

You had woken up earlier than you needed to.

 You made muffins and timed it so that they came out of the oven at the very minute I was ready to eat breakfast. 

Hot. Fresh. Blueberry. Muffins.

You set me up to print my homework on your computer and printer, so I wouldn't have to hurry to print it at school.

You let me have half of the coffee that was already in the coffee pot. 

You even pulled the freshness tab off of the new creamer for me, because for some reason I could not get my nail under it, nor could I grab ahold of it well enough to pull it off.

In the midst of my irritation, and impatience, you served me. 

You were calm and sweet and loving and helpful. And you were so very thoughtful. 

All on a morning when I was so undeserving.

Thanks, honey, for loving me when I'm unlovable. 

You were a portrait of Christ to me today. 

"...I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power... to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..." Ephesians 3:17, 18

With love,

Photobucket

5 comments:

~M~ said...

AW! What a sweet husband :)

Meagan said...

So wonderful!

Callie said...

This is a beautiful post, Katie! How sweet of your hubby to do all that for you. :-)

Annie said...

i love this post!
what an incredibly sweet husband you have :) makes me happy!

have a great weekend hun!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

What a wonderful tribute to your man! Great job Mr. Rugged! And KT, you are awesome, don't let stress and school keep you down!!!