Friday, February 4, 2011

A Pretty Little Holiday



What is pink and white and red all over?

Valentines Day, of course! I am a big fan of the heart-shaped holiday.  I mean, what is honestly better than chocolates and pretty pink hearts and white bows?   
 
I know some people feel like the holiday is isolating, because they don't have a man-friend to be all romantical in the wine and flowers type way, but honestly, we all have friends and family members that we LOVE... right?  So I don't really see the problem. Anyway.

It seems to me that this year, people are going all out for Valentines Day! And by people, I mean retail stores, advertisers, and television talk shows.  I have noticed this somewhat since Christmas, but seeing as the holiday is only ten days away now, they are certainly pushing things now!  I think its quite pretty and festive though, so I don't really mind. 
 
After a few trips to Target, glancing over a few emails from Williams Sonoma, and watching a Martha Stewart show on the special day, I am more excited than normal.  And it has happened much earlier too!
 
In case you are in the mood for a little lurve, these are a few of my favorite things for heart-filled day:
 
First up, X and O S'mores From Williams Sonoma.  Handsome and I had a box of WS S'mores at Christmas and they were absolutely delicious.  We bought them post-holiday when they were on sale.  I had been craving the real campfire variety for quite some time, and the WS marvels were a very good substitution. 

 
 Second, little Valentine Petits Fours.  I am not even sure that I like Petit Fours, because I have not had any for many years, but these are so cute and bite-sized that I imagine I would like them quite well.


Third, heart-shaped pancakes! This is cute and completely do-able at home. It would feel so fancy with some strawberries and  a Mimosa on a Saturday morning near the holiday! Sounds like a fun way to have breakfast!

Fourth, I have a special treat that my man would just swoon for.  He is a big fan of shortbread cookies, so these would be a perfect gift for him!


Next up are some heart-shaped soaps! I think these would be nice little gifts for some  female family members or to keep in the guest bathroom during the month of February.



And lastly, I think this heart-covered wax paper is perfect to wrap up some baked goodies for co-workers or neighbors or friends is an easy way to spread the love...




What are your favorite Valentine's Day treats and sweets?
 
I'm here. And I'm still writing,

Photobucket

4 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Cute! I love it all! I'm really intrigued by the smores!

Callie said...

I love your ideas! I'm a big fan of Valentine's day too.

Mindy said...

I looove Valentine's Day and I'm a sucker for anything pink and white and red and heart shaped! We just made heart shaped sugar cookies and decorated them. YUM!

Sassytimes said...

Great ideas. Love the heart pancakes.