Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Recipes.

So maybe you remember the post when I talked about the family brunch we planned to host on the morning of my graduation? Well... it was a great time! Everything didn't work out quite as planned, and after some hectic twists and turns, I didn't quite pull it off the way I envisioned: table scaped, plenty of photos, delicious foods, and fabulous company, but I think it was a success for our first little party as husband and wife. 
 
We had orange juice, water and coffee. We had mimosa's with cut strawberries, orange juice and champagne (with thanks to my mom and husband for the suggestion). 

We had freshly cut pears and strawberries.

We had a great made-from-scratch-with-whatever-I-had-in-the-refrigerator egg casserole.

And we had these as planned...
 

 

Above we have them fresh out of the oven, pre-glaze. 
And below we have them freshly glazed, and sideways (whoops!). 



 
I definitely recommend that you try these!

And if you get hungry for an egg casserole then I recommend this one (even though I don't have a picture of any quality to accompany it)...
 
******************
 
Katie and Mom's Fabulous Mexican-ish Breakfast Casserole

Sautee and cool the following: 
One chopped bell pepper.
Two chopped jalapenos.
And one small golden onion. 
Approximately one can of diced Annaheim chiles.

Whisk 9 eggs with about 1/2 cup of milk or half and half in a bowl and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
 
Once the onions, etc. have cooled, combine with eggs mixture,   2 1/2 cups of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and one or two shredded uncooked Idaho Russet potatoes.

I let it sit like this overnight, and baked it in a greased 9x13 for around thirty minutes at 400 degrees the morning of the brunch.

We cut it and served it with extra fresh Monterrey Jack and Salsa. 
 
******************

So other than not buying the cheeses, not table scaping, and not getting pictures of anything, but the PW Cinnamon Rolls on an old school disposable film camera nonetheless, I was satisfied with everything and how it turned out.

Good food, good company, and another fun graduation celebration memory!

I'm here and I'm still writing,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Stephanie M. Page said...

YUMMY! It looks and sounds like you did Great!!!