Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shoes Sense.

So a while back, I wrote a post about my shoes. Okay, actually it wasn’t a post about my shoes, it was a two truths and a lie post and you guys pegged me to be a high heels girl over a tennis shoes girl. I may or may not really be a high heels girl because I like them, but I don’t like wearing them. What I am though is a messy shoe closet girl.

You see, we have these teensy, tiny little closets in our home. We essentially have o storage space, except for the space that we have created through baskets and, well baskets on the bookshelves.

This lack of storage and closet space is interesting for a girl with a lot of clothes and quite a few shoes. Actually, its not that interesting. It is most infuriating and leads to a messy room (my closet is in the spare bedroom) and essentially the whole room functions as a chest of drawers / closet most of the time because its just easier than trying to maneuver around and make sense of the cutout that we call my closet.


You see why!

So basically I fight the closet and room all of the time for some sense of peace and so that I can actually use the room for its intended purpose (STUDYING) which will again become important in oh, four or so days.

So like I said, Handsome and I took a trip over his birthday and our anniversary weekend and we thankfully had a few moments to stop at The Container Store. Oh how I love that place and oh how it makes me want to be so very organized! (I am not fundamentally that organized in my brain, but when there is a system in place and I use it, I do like the simplicity it brings.)

And you will be happy to know that The Container Store had exactly what I was looking for --- an over the closet door shoe organizer! It has 24 slots for shoes! And having some flip flops, I have been able to use it for more than 12 pair of shoes! It has already simplified my closeting situation. Since I can now walk in the little hole without having to kick shoes all about to make room for my feet, I actually don’t mind hanging up some clothes! (Now, not ALL of my shoes fit, but the ones that remain on the ground are manageable or are winter shoes and are put away right now--I'll deal with them later okay?).



What a transformation!


And you see those tennis shoes... They are one of my new pairs!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelley said...

i love those things!

Callie said...

How nice to have an organized closet! My shoes tend to pile up on the floor of my closet too, I might have to get another one of those hanging shoe organizers too!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh, it looks so pretty! Q and I are SO organized! Each shoe has a specific place...