First of all, thank you for the warm welcome back into the blogging world. I didn't know that anyone would realize I was gone, except maybe my husband and mother. And my mother called me very soon after I posted, so I was right about her, but I don't think my sweet man has noticed yet. So I guess that means I'm not that great at making predictions about my life.
Anyway, as I am getting back into the swing of things, I decided to go easy on myself and instead of writing a thoughtful, coherent post, I'm just going to give you a splattering of thoughts. These types of posts happen to be my favorites on other blogs. I think they are my favorites, because they are easy to focus on as you only need a 3 second attention span. Plus, I think it is fun to see random bits of other peoples days and lives and how those moments and thoughts relate to my own.
Thus, we proceed:
1. I have really only been drinking Starbucks Refresh Tea lately, because of some dietary changes that keep me away from cocoa and espresso. In an attempt to be frugal, Handsome and I bought me a nice package of them at the store. This is all well and good, except for the fact that I want my Refresh Tea in one of those dang cute Red cups. I suppose I can wait until after Thanksgiving to give in again.
2. Said dietary changes, espresso and cocoa among others, are also making me a little crazy trying to plan our Thanksgiving meal. Handsome and I may be on our own this year, because we are not going to our Hometown. This is good and bad. It is good because we won't have the stress of traveling before his finals and because I really will know that I can eat everything I prepare. But it is bad because I am having the hardest time figuring out what I can fesasibly prepare that will be edible and safe for me and still resemble a normal Thanksgiving meal, will starve off any feelings of homesickness, and please my Thanksgiving-loving-Husbands tastebuds. Good times.
3. This recipe search keeps leading me to my old favorites like Paula Dean. And I now follow her on Twitter. But man alive, there is not likely to be one recipe of hers that I can use this year which makes me think I should unfollow her on twitter (for the time being). Sad days.
4. I joined Twitter. In case it wasn't clear from the above. I sort of, kind of, love it! I check it on my phone and on the computer and it sort of makes me feel like I am still interacting with people throughout the day even though I am really just sitting at home talking to myself. My username is SageNovember and you can talk back if you want to.
5. On a totally unrelated note, I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby so I can talk to myself in the aisles there and so I can pick up some beautiful items for projects and crafts. I really ought to do this today as a. I am clean, b. I am wearing clean clothes, and c. my hair is also clean. You would think that this combination of things is normal for most people, however, it has not been a frequent occurrence in my life as of late.
And with that realization, I am off to Hobby Lobby with maybe a stop at Starbucks on the way. :-) Shocking I know.
Don't worry. I'll be back soon and I'll be writing,