Friday, March 23, 2012

A Little About Me.

Whoa!! Where did March go? I woke up this morning and realized I had better get a move on if I was going to meet my bloggy goal for the year of at least one post each month! Ha, I know that is not much of a goal for most bloggers, but it is a step up from last year for me.
 
Anyway, I figure it is about time I answer some questions Callie, at Through Clouded Glass, posted when she tagged me for a post way long ago!

1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
 
This question is REALLY tough. I want to say it'd be a mixed CD, but... that is probably cheating right? So instead of writing out the mixed songs I would LOVE to have with me, I'll just go with my (probably all-time) favorite CD, Matchbox Twenty: Yourself or Someone Like You.  

2. If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?
 
This is hard for me, because I'm really thinking about wanting to be a teacher. My background would let me teach something like government, law, or history. However, I wish I was a talented artist or art history student that could teach in one of those more creative ventures.  

3. What is your favorite verse and/or quote?
 
Verse: Zephaniah 3:17. It's been my favorite for at least ten years. It says
"The Lord your God is with you, He is might to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

4. Why did you start blogging?
 
I liked reading other blogs, so I thought I might like documenting my own stories, thoughts, and whims. It is a lot more difficult for me to get to that documenting part than it once was, but I still really like collecting recipes and occasionally photos and thoughts through blogs, so I try to add a little to that world when I can. 

5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)?

6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
 
Well, before food allergies I would have said a Iced Tall Soy Latte. But these days, I mostly enjoy iced black teas (1/2 sweetened), hot Refresh teas, and the very occasional tall soy hot chocolate with only 1 pump of mocha and 1 pump of vanilla and no whip cream.

And speaking about the 'Bux, I also really, really, loved Iced Caramel Macchiatos at one point before I quit the espresso. I ordered those with a little less caramel than they choose to drizzle. Yummm!
 
  Now I'm drooling and I'm going to go cry a little river thinking about espresso.

7. Would you rather it snow or rain?
 I'm a big fan of rain. I like watching it when I'm inside and curled up on a couch. Actually, I like watching snow when I'm curled up on the couch, too. And I didn't even really mind shoveling it the few times I have done so recently. So it is tough to choose. 
 
Final answer: I'll say if I'm inside I like rain. If I'm outside walking around, I like snow. 
 
 And yes,that is a complicated answer but I grew up in a very dry climate (like the middle of the desert) so any moisture is awesome in my book.

8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
 
Do what you love, even if the world doesn't value it or understand it. 

9. Most read website or blog (besides mine, of course . . . *wink, wink*)?
I read www.blueeyedbride.com almost every day. I love Erin's posts. She is a thoughtful interesting mother and I enjoy that she posts all the time, because I like new blog content. Pretty funny considering how often I write and publish my own blog content.

10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self (got this idea from Jessica)?
 
Muscles are beautiful.

I would tell my 17 year old self to hold onto her voice. Meaning, never stop speaking out about things that are wrong. Never worry if your words might offend someone, if you're still being true to yourself.

11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
 
I actually think about this sort of a lot. Is that weird? I hope people will say that I was a loving, enthusiastic, deeply committed friend and wife, and most importantly a light (shining because of Him) in this dark world.
 
So that was fun! And thanks to Callie for tagging me.  
 
I know I'm supposed to tag my friends for the same and come up with questions, too so 

Kelley 
La 
 Brittany
Brittney
 
Answer these questions:
 
1. What is your favorite holiday?
 2. What do you like most about yourself?
3. If you can only choose one type of accessory to have for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
4. What was your favorite subject in high school?
5. Are you still friends with friends from high school?
6. What is your exercise of choice? 
7. What is your most guilty grocery store indulgence? 
8. Any shows that you are loving?
9. Favorite all-time movie and album?
 
 
Thanks for playing along.
Photobucket
 

1 comment:

Callie said...

Ah, I'm so behind on my blog reading - it's so bad. I'm glad you decided to do the tag! It was fun for me to read your answers to my questions. :-)