Thursday, February 25, 2010

Get Up Off Of That...





Couch?
 
So I should just go ahead and throw this out there. It isn't something I'm thrilled about, but I'd have to say I'm not terribly concerned with it either. Mostly I'm just really into acknowledging things, so that is what I'm doing. 

I'm totally getting out of shape. (And Mr. Ruggedly Handsome, you are not free to bring this up or discuss it or remind me about it simply because I have acknowledged it on the blog. I'm all about acknowledging, but I don't need your washboard stomach grinning at me when you and your exercised self come running in and my little rear end is still on the couch.  Thanks honey.). 

(Side note, I was doing some editing for school and came across a grammatical rule that says if you put an entire sentence into a parenthetical, there are two periods required: one for the end of the sentence and one after the parenthetical.). 
Pretty cool, huh? See how I demonstrated that so nicely? 

Anyway, I'm acknowledging this little uncomfortable fact, because I am completely not prepared to let it get out of hand. Actually, as soon as I get rid of this cough and nasally congestion, I think I'll be ready to jump into the movement again. The movement of body being pushed and stretched and shredded, if you will.  Because I want to  feel completely fantastic in my clothes. Because I'm totally not going to buy new clothes anytime soon (but that is for another post) and I don't want my current clothing to get all tight and uncomfortable, which it likely will if I don't nip this lack of exercise thing right in the butt. (I know the phrase is bud, but I thought rear-end was more appropriate in this context.). (See I did it again!). 

Ok, so anyway, its been a rough couple of weeks, err months, and I haven't been consistent like I have hoped to be or have been at other points. (Hows that for qualified honesty and acknowledgment?).  I feel like I have had more little sicknesses in the last two or three months so regular physical activity has been relaxed because of that. And then there is the whole thing about studying, which has felt somewhat out of control lately, and therefore instead of managing stress with exercise, I have been doing more homework to make myself feel more in control. And maybe I have been the only one eating those peanut butter blossoms we made, but whose been counting anyway? (P.S. Handsome, I've only been doing it out of sacrifice for you, because I know how much you don't like sweets and how much you do like your in-shape self.).

And I feel spring time acomin' so I know I have to really get going. I'm planning on maybe run-walking for a while and maybe throwing in the Shred some, too. I definitely hope to get to the pool a bit, because I LOVE some swimming, but I'm looking for some other ideas too. 

Have you tried any of the other Jillian dvd's?
Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost MetabolismJillian Michaels: No More Trouble ZonesJillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown

I'm interested in all three, but can't just go out and get each of them, so I'm going to need to decide on one. Or maybe two, if the Mr. is feeling generous or has some interest in not having his wife get too lazy.... 
 
Which would you pick?
and / or... 
What are your favorite ways to get back into a non-round shape after a small hiatus? 
 
I'm here. And I'm still writing... (and soon to be running too!)...
Photobucket 
 
And in case you were wondering, yes. 
I did use the title of a James Brown song for the title of my post. 
You can google it and listen to it on lala if you think it will inspire you. 

8 comments:

Kelley said...

when I saw the title I thought about Sister Act....because they use that song.

In other news, I have gained 20 pounds since leaving New Mexico! 20 POUNDS! So, I will be joining you on this journey!

Great post! You made me laugh a lot! Thanks for the parenthetical info!

katie + bret said...

oof. I have that JM video (boost your metabolism)... yeah. It is death in the form of cardio overload. Super great but I swear to you, once you get to like the 2nd to last circuit, you might want to die. At least I do! Fact. I hate high knees. Fact #2. I hate gliders. Gag.

Minus all the gagging and hating - It really is a kick butt workout!

Kristin said...

I have the boost your metabolism DVD. I recommend it if you are wanting to get a work-out in that totally kicks your booty!

Kristin said...

lol you are too cute! good luck! Cannot wait to get back to working out again! :)

I have never looked at any of the DVD's you have on here but I did the 30 day shred by Jillian and loved it! I recommened it.

Lindsey said...

I didn't know she had a yoga video!! I would def chose "Banish Fat Boost Motab" it is intense cardio and I loved it!

Sassytimes said...

Please update what you think of any of the videos you end up doing. I'm in a wedding in 5 months...meaning I need to have a goal to lose the baby weight in that amount of time.

I'd love to hear a review of workout videos.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh you KNOW I am on this journey. I want to hear what you love!

Callie said...

I'm getting out of shape too! I've gained the weight I need to gain, so I'm going to try to start working out again and still maintain. We'll see how it goes. I did the Shred DVD for the first time in months yesterday, and my arms are killing me, so i know I've gotten flabby.